There’s no expensive photoshoot required to get a series of shots of you that you’re really happy with.
Here are my top tips for mastering the perfect selfie…
* learn how to use your camera’s auto setting
* pick a pretty background
* catch yourself on a good hair day
* alternatively, shoot into a mirror (if you’re over 40, a slightly dusty one can be your best friend)
* pick your very favourite outfit
* don’t be afraid to pose away – no one can see you!
* take a shed-load from different angles and expressions
* every now and then, pull a daft face to relax your facial muscles
* experiment with the position of the mirror for different lighting effects
* for a relaxed, happy look, think of someone you love or something funny
* don’t be afraid to let your personality (plus age and flaws!) shine through
* edit them well, focussing especially on brightness, contrast and fill light